Tops of the walls (Revisited)

After edge-looping and subdividing about 30 percent of the walls, I decided to go another route.  I found that this approach was taking a lot of time because the subdivide multi fractal was creating non-manifold meshed which I had to fix by hand.  In addition, this was adding an insane number of polygons to the model.

I should be able to get a good effect by using a normal map for most of the walls.  I reverted to an earlier version of the file and made a few corrections that I had run across during the subdivision work.

So, at this point, I am declaring the remodeling work completed and am moving on to texturing.  This is where I believe that I can make the biggest improvements over the original model.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: