San Fernando Church update

I decided to change my strategy for texturing the church.  Instead of using one or two large image textures, I broke the model up into different materials.  I am using procedural textures for the base materials and will use image textures for adding detail, dirt etc.

I also made more tests with Luxworks, Yafaray and Blender Internal.  I think that Yafaray still looks the best despite the deficiencies.

Here is a sample:

Luxworks: This took about an hour to render.

Yafaray Path Tracing: Took about 13 min to render

Yafaray Direct Lighting: A few seconds

Blender Internal: About 14 seconds

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: