Here is the starting point of the project.
Biggest opportunities for improvement:
- Realistic sky
- Add grass, bushes and trees
- Refractive/reflective water
- Better horizon
- More detail in geometry e.g. boards, posts, wall tops
- More realistic textures for walls (stone, jacales, adobe)
- Use physically based materials
- Use a better render engine
The model has been ported from trueSpace to Blender. Most of the visible buildings in Bexar have been modeled and partially textured. Now using a PBR workflow, HDRI lighting and Blender Cycles render engine.
Continue to improve the models and use new tools for texturing.
Explore porting to game engines for faster animation and user interaction.